One of the only bad parts about taking a vacation at times is having to leave your furry family members behind. Luckily, here at Hermann Hill, we LOVE dogs, and we want you to bring them with you to our pet-friendly hotel in Missouri! While we could tell you about all of the pet-friendly activities our beautiful hotel in Missouri has to offer, we thought it would be better to hear it straight from our pup’s mouth. So, here are 3 reasons to stay at our pet-friendly hotel in Missouri!
Blog from the Dog
Hello future guests and canines! My name is Lewis, and I am so excited to share with you all of the wonderful accommodations Hermann Hill has for pups. While I spend most of my time on the property greeting guests, I do have a few excellent recommendations in town to really get your tails wagging. But first, I want to talk about the awesome paw-approved guest cottages!
#1 – Cozy Dog-Friendly Cottages and Beds
When planning your Midwest family vacation, I’ve seen how easy it is for humans to get stuck planning the details, especially when trying to find a nice place that allows four-legged companions. To start, don’t sacrifice amenities just because you bringing Fido. Luckily, our luxury Missouri hotel has four “pawfect” dog-friendly cottages to choose from that provide wonderful amenities for everyone!
- Deck Level River Bluff Cottage Suite (2 Room Suite) – ADA🐾
- Deck Level River Bluff Cottage Suite🐾
- Patio Level River Bluff Cottage Suite (2 Room Suite)🐾
- Patio Level River Bluff Cottage Suite🐾
All four cottages come with a special add-on package that includes an extra comfy dog-approved bed, a travel food bowl to take home (great for walks!), and tons of tasty treats delivered to your room each night! Our pup-friendly rooms guarantee to make you woof!
🐕 Insider Tip: If you’re planning a weekend getaway from St. Louis or a summer staycation with your best furry friend, be sure to check availability. When you book three or more nights, your pet stays free! I’d say that deserves a round of woofs!
#2 – Dog-Friendly Vineyards and Wineries
One of my favorite things to do off-site is to take walks into Hermann to the many pet-friendly Hermann, MO wineries and breweries. Along the way, we can our fix of new smells, meeting new doggy visitors, and accepting all the gracious pets from people in town. After a lovely stroll there, pups and their families can hang out together on the outdoor patios. These places will “pawsitively” make you howl!
- Stone Hill Winery🐾
- Hermannhof Winery🐾
- Robller Vineyard🐾
- Adam Puchta Winery🐾
- Bias Winery and Gruhlke Microbrewery🐾
All of the wineries and breweries listed above are within a 15-mile radius of Hermann Hill!
#3 – Dog-Friendly Outdoor Adventures
For the more adventurous and nature-loving dogs, there are tons of places to explore both on the Hermann Hill property and around Hermann. Check out our list of great places to visit in Missouri with your pup.
- Hermann Hill 3 Mile Hike🐾 – This popular 3-mile walk provides an excellent adventure for guests and pups. Starting at our Vineyard Spa & Inn, canines and their humans can walk through historic Hermann within an hour. After you return, stop by our Gift Shop to pick up your free t-shirt showing that you completed the hike!
- Forest of Gongs🐾 – Located right here on the Hill, the Forest of Gongs provides an easygoing walking path overlooking the vineyard. This area is ideal for calm canines or older dogs who just want to get out and smell the flowers.
- The Katy Trail🐾 – This fabulous trail features wonderful scenery for guests and their pets. If you love to bike or run and your dog has paw-wheel drive, then you will want to hit this trail to enjoy everything nature has to offer.
Don’t just take it from me. Save on kennel fees and treat your pup to a hard-earned vacation as well by booking your stay at our boutique hotel in Hermann, MO!