Hermann Hill’s Chef Rhonda has been making this special cheese ball for guest weddings and special events for years, and it is always a hit. Time and time again, once tasted, guests ask us for the recipe, and we’re happy to share. Perfect for large or small gatherings, this savory appetizer is a great addition to the holiday table as well. In fact, you can customize it for the holidays by adding dried cranberries or parsley for a little holiday color.
Chef Rhonda’s Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 bunch green onions; finely diced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup salad dressing (not mayonnaise)
- 1 lb bacon; cooked and chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Dried cranberries; chopped (optional)
- Fresh parsley; chopped (optional)
- Mix the cream cheese, diced onions, grated cheese, salad dressing, and chopped bacon together.
- Chill the cheese mixture for a few hours.
- Shape the cheese mixture into a round ball, and roll it in pecans to coat.
- Roll it in dried cranberries or parsley (or both) to add color and flavor for the holidays (optional).
We’d love to hear from you, so let us know how your cheese ball turned out. Do you have any favorite appetizers that you love to make for special occasions?