Planning a getaway to Hermann in the month of October? If you are, this popular local event is an absolute must for your vacation itinerary! And if you’re not planning a trip, this will convince you to schedule it now. As local tastemakers and long-time attendees, we have all the inside details on how to best experience this little piece of Germany here in Missouri. Keep scrolling for the scoop (of sauerkraut) on where to eat, drink, and go, and how to have an absolute blast this fall at Hermann’s very own Oktoberfest!
Why Oktoberfest is Anything But the Wurst
Oktoberfest is a fabulous celebration of all things German. Against the backdrop of brilliant Missouri fall colors, the whole town will be recognizing the rich German history, our love of the autumn season, and the best of food, wine, beer, and music. Unlike typical Oktoberfest bashes that last for just a few days or a week, the fun in Hermann keeps rolling all month long! Every day in October is a good day to bask in the mild fall sun while you experience the best of Germany right here in Hermann.
Our Best Recommendations for Things to Do
We know it can be overwhelming to try and do it all during your stay. That’s why we’ve curated some of our top favorite places to go and things to do during the festival. When you check in, ask our staff for more personalized recommendations and they’ll guide you to the cream of the crop.
- Visit the Biergarten for wine, bites, and stein hoisting competitions!
- Get to know historic Hermann with a free walking tour.
- Take it easy at a local winery, brewery, or distillery and soak in the social scene.
- Sing and dance to live music from beloved local bands.
- Indulge in authentic German fare like brats, schnitzel, sauerkraut, soft pretzels, potato pancakes, and so much more!
- Stop by the Arts and Crafts Show to see some brilliant local talent.
- Spend some time shopping in town to pick up an Alpine hat and Lederhosen to dress for the occasion.
- Take a self-guided tour at the Historic Hermann Museum at the German School.
- Check out the free exhibit at Deutschheim State Historic Site, featuring information on German immigration to Missouri and more.
Sleep & Stay After You Play
Festivities happen right in the heart of Hermann, near our luxurious Hermann boutique hotel. Hunker down in our upscale rooms and suites to rest your dancing muscles and calm your head after you enjoy all best drinks in town. Then savor daily gourmet breakfasts each morning before you head out and continue exploring all that our area has to offer.
How to Experience it All for Half the Price
Book your favorite room or suite early to get your pick of dates. Use this special tradition as the perfect excuse to ditch work and get away for a midweek escape. When you do, take advantage of low rates with our Stay Your Way program. That means you experience Oktoberfest for HALF the price! Traveling to Germany is expensive and Hermann makes it easy to enjoy all the wonderful German culture, food, and beer, all for a drastically smaller price tag than a European excursion.
Let’s party! Or shall we say, Lass uns Party machen!Book Now