Frequently Asked Questions
Hermann Hill’s goal as your Missouri Wine Country lodging choice is simple…to provide the best hospitality and to make your stay at Hermann Hill a memorable one. To achieve total guest-orientation, we wanted to share some frequently asked questions from guests.
What time is check-in?
Check-in time is between 4pm and 6pm. You may come and register any time after 2pm. Let us know if you will be arriving early, and we will put your room on “priority” to be cleaned first. You can enjoy strolling through Hermann, visiting a Hermann winery, or have frozen margaritas and appetizers on our dining deck. Once your room is ready, we will call you. We do not guarantee rooms until 4pm, but our staff will do everything they can to get you into your room early.
Where do I check-in?
All of our guests will check-in at our Vineyard Inn & Spa. If you are staying at the cottages, we will register you and provide you with helpful materials and keys to use during your stay.
How do I get to the Inn?
Hermann Hill Vineyard and Inn, 711 Wein St, Hermann, MO 65041
- From Hwy 19 southbound: Cross the Missouri river and go straight for four blocks. Turn right onto 6th St., left onto Washington St., then right onto 10th St.
- From Hwy 100 westbound: Come through the Hermann downtown area and turn left at Hwy 19. Go straight for four blocks and turn right onto 6th St., left onto Washington St. and right onto 10th St.
- From Hwy 19 northbound: Once you pass Hermann Ford make a left onto 6th St. (If you have passed the BP gas station you have gone too far). Take a left onto Washington St. and right onto 10th St.
When is check-out time?
Check-out time is 11am. There are circumstances when we can give you a late check-out for a small fee.
Do you accept pets?
Yes, Hermann Hill offers pet friendly Missouri lodging to dog owners in select rooms. Dogs stay free in Patio Level Cottage Suites Sunday through Thursday. We know you love your fur babies as much as we love our Chocolate Lab, Lewis, that is why we have a special Paws and Pillows Package for your special companion when you arrive. They will be given a comfy pet bed, a traveling food bowl to take home and treats delivered to your room each evening. We just ask that you follow a few simple policies:
- Book specific room: (Vidal, Seyval, Chambourcin or Any Cottage Room). We ask that you book these rooms so your pet will have easy access to an exercise area.
- Pay a $50.00 non-refundable cleaning fee per stay, regardless of the number of nights. We assign extra cleaning staff following a dog occupying a room and must know in advance that you are bringing a pet, so that housekeeping can schedule a total room clean following your stay.
- Agree to not leave your dog unattended any time during their stay.
- When staying at the Inn, guests must not bring their dog into the kitchen or dining room areas and must request that their breakfast be delivered daily to their room.
- Pets may not be on beds, in jacuzzi tubs, or hot tubs. We will provide them with their own personal bed.
- Pets must always be on a leash in any public area of the properties.
- Pet owners pick up after their pets and will be responsible for any damage to the property.
- Any disturbances such as barking must be curtailed to ensure other guests are not disturbed.
- Housekeeping will not enter the room for a make-up unless the dog is with the owner and on a leash.
What forms of payments do you accept?
Hermann Hill accepts MasterCard, Visa, and Discover, as well as gift certificates exclusively from the following entities:
- Hermann Hill Gift Certificates never expire and are fully transferable
- BedandBreakfast.com gift cards
- Bed and Breakfast Inns of Missouri (BBIM) Gift Certificates
Is there a Cancellation Policy?
Cancellations made at least 10 days in advance of a scheduled arrival will be refunded, less a 10% handling fee, or fully exchanged (100%) for a gift certificate to be used at a future date. For cancellations less than 10 days in advance, a 50% refund will be provided. If we are able to re-book your room for another guest, a full refund will be provided, less a 10% handling fee. Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the reservation will receive no refund unless the room is able to be re-booked; in this case a 10% handling fee will be charged and 90% of your room fee will be refunded.
What do I do during inclement weather?
- Hermann Hill always likes to give our guests options when inclement weather arises. If guests are unable to make their reservation due to bad weather, we will be happy to refund 100% on a Hermann Hill gift certificate that will never expire and is fully transferable.
- TRAVEL INFORMATION AND ROAD CONDITIONS: A great online map is available at MODOT Traveler Information Map. We are always flexible on moving your reservation due to bad winter weather. Please call us (573-486-4455) with any travel questions or concerns or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you allow children?
- We do allow children in our River Bluff Cottages and also offer a pull-out couch in the bottom of cottage 1 for children under 12 years of age.
Do you allow smoking?
- Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn, Spa and Riverbluff Cottages are a 100% smoke free environment.
A Few Other Things:
- All guests must be at least 18 years of age.
- Maximum occupancy is two people per room.