Everyone, from owners to staff, at Hermann Hill take our environmental responsibility seriously; therefore we are working to provide green lodging via sustainable tourism practices for our guests. To become a more environmentally friendly bed and breakfast, we surveyed guests for 90 days to learn their preferences for eco-friendly products and sustainable living. After learning what travelers preferred, we implemented recycling and water and trash saving programs. We welcome your comments and suggestions for other ways we can improve our eco-friendly green efforts. Here are a few of the sustainable practices Hermann Hill has implemented:
- Developed an extensive in-house recycling program from paper to plastic
- Added small recycling bins in every room to encourage guests to recycle, too
- Purchase recycled paper products and make recycled products available in guest rooms
- Disabled all the fireplaces in summer months to reduce energy waste
- Offer optional water-saving towel replacement
While responsible recycling and eco-friendly tourism is our mission, it does not mean we sacrifice luxury or comfort at Hermann Hill Inn and Vineyard or Hermann Hill Cottage Suites. You will still find supplies of bottled water and soft drinks awaiting; we simply ask that you help us recycle these items. Thank you for being our partner in Missouri’s green scheme.